All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the five vels of La guerra silenciosa by Manuel Scorza (1928-83) and examines the cycle's underlying unity and development. In his chronicle Scorza describes an Andean peasant uprising which he witnessed in the 1960's. Although many of the names, places, dates, and events are real, the author velizes them by adding humor, myth, and fantasy to his testimonial. Thematically his vels show affinities with works belonging to the Latin American literary tradition of social protest kwn as indigenismo. However, Scorza revates and modernizes the genre by incorporating into his narrative the complex stylistic devices of such contemporary writers as Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Mario Vargas Llosa, and Carlos Fuentes.
- Author(s)Anna-Marie Aldaz
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1991
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 22: Latin American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight400 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.