Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are thoughtful, reflective, in tune with nature -- you are ready for more formal meditation -- and ready for this book. Meditation is a tool available to everyone; matter how callous or spiritual, well-adjusted or complex one's life is. Kwing why and how to meditate are arguably the most important signals of approaching an enlightened life. These sixteen chapters follow the sequence of the Anapanasati Sutta, according to the Four Foundations of Meditation. The inspiration and teachings of the Satipatthana Sutta and the Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta: Setting the Wheel of Dhamma in Motion, the Buddha's first discourse, are incorporated. Beyond that autobiographical sketches inform the reader about how possible, natural, and easy meditation is. These simple facts are t disputed by most people, and the best thing that can be said about each teaching in this book is: I kw that...I agree with that simple truth! The sequence of the book leads from one simple truth to the next following a logical path to eliminating suffering (Nirodha) in a practical way. The book can be read from front to back, or opened at any point by experienced meditators for inspirational ideas.
- Author(s)Irv Jacob
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.