All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionA one man think-tank for the New Left, Paul Goodman is both a prolific writer and famed social critic. This compendious volume features excerpts t only from his bestselling titles such as Growing Up Absurd (Vintage, 1973), but also from his landmark books on education, psychotherapy, language, poetics and Anarchism. Also featured are samples from his comic vels, poems and short stories creating a must-have reader of this acclaimed writer's dynamic, engaging and challenging work which continues to resonate.
- Author BiographyPaul Goodman was the author of Drawing the Line and Growing Up Absurd. Known as the philosopher of the New Left, he set the agenda for the youth movement of the 1960s, producing new books every year throughout the decade while lecturing to hundreds of audiences on subjects from movement politics and community planning to language theory and the media. Taylor Stoehr is Paul Goodman's literary executor and a professor of English at the University of MassachusettsBoston. He has editednumerous volumes of Goodman's fiction, poetry, and social commentary in addition to being the author of several other books on literary and cultural criticism and the translator of two poetry collections. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Paul Goodman
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.