All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding a peak performing organization is t easy or else everybody would be achieving this goal. Organizations today are facing heightened challenges in remaining competitive in a more demanding global business environment. New techlogy, customer expectation, outsourcing, low cost competitors and needs for both higher performance and more invation from employees are only a few of these. In this book Burke and Cooper present an international collection of current research and new perspectives, examining why people and human resource management matter to the success of organizations and presenting examples of efforts to build more satisfying and effective organizations that have worked. The book includes chapters on organizational processes as well as organizational strategies and design. The former includes performance management, building employee engagement, developing psychological capital (e.g., resilience, self-esteem), managing talent, supporting teams and inspiring leaders at all levels of the organization. The latter tackles how to develop and sustain an ethical organizational culture, fostering the ability to cork across cultures (cultural agility), employer branding, the sustainable organization and improving corporate governance practices. These chapters offer suggestions as to how organizations can embrace the need for continual change.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Burke is the Professor of Organizational Behaviour at the Schulich School of Business, York University in Toronto, Canada. Cary L. Cooper , CBE, is the Distinguished Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health at Lancaster University , UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Strategic Management
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCary L. Cooper,Professor Ronald J. Burke
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.