All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Poetry, always foremost of the arts in traditional Africa, has continued to compete for primacy against the newer forms of prose fiction and theatre drama.' This wonderfully comprehensive anthology of African poetry has been expanded to include ninety-nine poets from twenty-seven countries, thirty-one of whom appear for the first time. Equally wide-ranging is the content of the poetry itself: war songs and political protests jostle with poems about human love, African nature and the surprises that life offers; all are represented in these rich and colourful pages.
- Author BiographyGerald Moore has taught at universities in various parts of Africa and Hong Kong. His publications include Wole Soyinka (1978) and Twelve African Writers (1984) and three earlier editions of the present anthology. Uli Beier is the director of art and research centres in Papua-New Guinea, Nigeria and at the University of Beyreuth (Bavaria). His publications include Art in Nigeria 1960 (1960) and West African Mud Sculpture (1962).
- Author(s)Gerald Moore
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byUlli Beier
- Translated byUlli Beier
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.