All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Eclectic, entertaining ...almost all British, if t human, life is here' Boyd Tonkin, Independent 'Mind-stretching, heart-breaking, beautifully-crafted fiction' Claire Harman, Evening Standard 'She would tear the house down - shatter the windows, slash the furniture, flood the baths, fire the curtains!' Hilarious, exuberant, surreal, subtle, tender, brutal, spectacular and above all unexpected: this extraordinary selection celebrates the British short story from the 1920s to the present day. From Angela Carter to V. S. Pritchett, Elizabeth Taylor to J. G. Ballard, Ali Smith to a host of little-kwn works from magazines and periodicals, and including tales of air-raids, phone sex, sbbery, modern-day slavery, grief, desire, the familiar and the strange, here is the short story in all its limitless possibilities. Edited and with an introduction by Philip Hensher, the award-winning velist, critic and journalist.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hensher is a novelist, critic, librettist and short story writer. The Northern Clemency was shortlisted for the Booker Prize. His most recent novel is The Emperor Waltz.
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight532 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byPhilip Hensher
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.