All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking in such important themes as the powerful early city-states that dominated the plains, the techlogical developments that led to terrace farming and population growth in the highlands and the origins and influence of the Philistines, The Penguin Historical Atlas of the Bible Lands will explore the relationship between the books of the Bible and the land from which they came. Including detailed maps on topics ranging from the wanderings of Abraham to Modern Jerusalem, a comprehensive timeline comparing developments in Mesopotamia, Syria, Egypt, Asia Mir, Greece and Rome and a gazetteer of biblical place-names. Coverage of the familiar events of the world's greatest book is supplemented by features on the alphabet, the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Zionist movement as the book's scope continues beyond the biblical period to explore the Islamic conquests, the Crusades, the British Mandate and the current struggles between the Israelis and Palestinians.
- Author BiographyCaroline Hull has taught Art History and Medieval History at the universities of Manchester and Lancaster. Andrew Jotischky teaches History at Lancaster and together he and Caroline Hull have also written The Penguin Historical Atlas of the Medieval World.
- Author(s)Andrew Jotischky,Brian Capper,Caroline Hull
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notecol. maps
- Weight368 g
- Width181 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJohn Haywood,Simon Hall
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.