All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pentateuch is the heart of the Hebrew Bible and the foundational document of Judaism. It is also the focus of tremendous scholarly debate regarding the complex history of its composition, the historical background for its primeval history, ancestry narratives, and laws, the theological purposes of its final redaction, and its diverse interpretation in communities today. This textbook introduces students to the contents of the Torah and orients them to the key interpretive questions and methods shaping contemporary scholarship, inviting readers into the work of interpretation today.
- Author BiographyThomas B. Dozeman is professor of Hebrew Bible at United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio, and co-chair of the SBL Pentateuch Group. He is the author of a number of scholarly books and commentaries.
- Author(s)Thomas B. Dozeman
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2017
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleIntroducing Israel's Scriptures
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight1338 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.