Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.52
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly successful series The People Who Came (Book 2) consists of three books specifically written for the junior years of secondary schools in the Caribbean. Unique in its scope, the series provides a history of the people of the New World from a West Indian point of view. Key features include: * Many maps, diagrams, illustrations and colour photos throughout * Lively and direct style * A wide range of questions and activities at the end of each chapter designed both to test kwledge and to stimulate further enquiry and thought. * Varied and stimulating suggestions for follow-up activities at the end of each quarter. Book Two covers the history of the Caribbean from the arrival of Columbus, through the establishment of settlements by the Europeans, to the plantation system and slavery. The book ends with slave rebellions and emancipation movements. This new edition has been fully updated to give teachers and students the benefit of the latest historical findings.
- Author(s)Edward K. Brathwaite,Esmada Veronica Carnegie,John Robottom,P. Patterson
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication24/04/1989
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, diagrams, maps, colour photographs
- Weight236 g
- Width188 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.