CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a true story, The People With No Camel, weaves two journeys of freedom: A ten year old girl escapes Iran in 1981 with her family, due to the heavy persecutions they face as Baha'is, carrying thing but three little handbags, new identities, their faith. The vel then takes a turn. The girl has become a woman, and the narrative shifts into parable. Infused with Persian mythical characters, the woman's quest to save her dying forest turns into her own spiritual journey - the search for ultimate freedom.
- Author BiographyRoya Movafegh is a multimedia artist. Her work explores the dynamics of assimilation as well as the multiple facets of cultural identity. In addition to her photo publication in Eileen William's Wishes in Black & White featured on Oprah, her work has also appeared in Them=Us: Photographic Journeys Across Our Cultural Boundaries. Born in Austria to Iranian parents, she and her family moved to Tehran in 1976 only to escape it five years later due to the persecutions they faced as Baha'is. From an early age, she learned what it meant to be a foreigner, a person on the run, a refugee, and an immigrant. After living in Germany, the United States, and Canada, she moved to Harlem, New York, in 1998, where she founded The Young Harlem Photographers, a photography workshop for children and youth, which won the New York Times award at the Art of Change Group Show.
- Author(s)Roya Movafegh
- PublisherWriting Center
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWriting Center
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.