All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe beautiful game is big business. Football leagues worldwide are being dominated by clubs who are becoming richer and more powerful. Ermous corporate investment, deals with media giants, huge volumes of merchandising and dedicated TV channels mean that football teams are as concerned with the affairs of the boardroom as what is going on on the pitch. In this dynamic new book, Stephen Morrow examines the changing face of football, looking at issues such as the role of the stock exchange, the viability of the stakeholder approach, the 'new ecomics' of football including the role of media firms and the social impact of the sport.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN MORROW is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Sports Studies at the University of Stirling. His research concentrates on the financial aspects of the football industry and he has had several papers published in that area. He is a regular contributor to both Radio Scotland and Radio 5 Live on issues relating to the football business. He is the author of The New Business of Football.
- Author(s)Stephen Morrow
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2003
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight551 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.