All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe Serbs behind them were preparing to attack, and in front of them lay open ground, flat and white as a shroud. We've run a hundred miles, Lang thought, to come up a football field short. When a fellow Marine is kidnapped, Captain Mark Lang and his recon team, the Pepperdogs, disobey orders and cross into swbound Serbia to rescue him. A leader who can't quit, Lang is urged on by his team members. Five New York City reservists -- a trader, a fireman, an auto mechanic, a fitness trainer and a computer geek -- set out on an impossible odyssey. Superbly fit and equipped, they employ speed, ambush and the Internet to close in on their target. After a team member sends back e-mails describing their firefights, the Pepperdogs become front-page news. Once Weekend Warriors, by the end of their mission they are the most feared unit in Europe, fighting anyone who stands in their way. The press calls them The Wild Bunch on techlogical steroids. Lang, haunted by memories of his missing buddy's dying mother, kws the horrific costs they are inflicting but won't turn back. Their rescue mission, condemned by the military, slowly escalates into a standoff between the Oval Office and NATO Europe with the world watching. A razor-sharp storyteller and Pentagon insider, Bing West unleashes a blistering tech thriller that probes the limits of physical and mental endurance. Drawing on firsthand kwledge of combat, West fuses the grit of Blackhawk Down with the behind-the-scenes intrigue of The West Wing, showing how in the near future a squad can become wired to the White House, to the dismay of the traditional chain of command. The Pepperdogs is a gripping story about American reserves, conflicting loyalties and devotion to comrade. What price will a nation pay to save one life?
- Author BiographyBing West served as Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs in the Reagan administration. He was a member of force recon team Primness, which ambushed a North Vietnamese battalion thus initiating Operation Stingray, whose behind-the-lines tactics are the backdrop for The Pepperdogs. His nonfiction book The Village (Pocket Books) has received high praise for describing close combat. He was a lead CNN military analyst during Desert Storm. Three generations of Wests have served in Marine infantry and his firm, GAMA Corporation, conducts combat training for the Marine Corps. He lives in Newport, Rhode Island, and Washington, D.C. Contact him at www.westwrite.com and www.pepperdogs.com.
- Author(s)Bing West,Francis James West
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication21/09/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.