All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Perfect SENCO is the fully up-to-date, essential guide to supporting children with special educational needs; an invaluable resource for all schools that are looking to update their practice in line with the new national guidelines. Revised and updated to cover the changes resulting from the new Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice, this book will empower your school to embrace the national changes which came into force in September 2014, by showing how to support every teacher as a teacher of children with special educational needs (SEN). Over recent years, the job of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) has become more strategic and will w include provision mapping, working in partnership with parents, supporting other colleagues, commissioning services, demonstrating pupil progress and ensuring value for money. In essence, it is a role which contributes significantly to whole-school improvement. The Perfect SENCO provides guidance for SENCOs and other senior leaders on working in a strategic way to support improvement.It will be of use t only for potential or newly appointed SENCOs, but also for those who are more experienced and wish to keep their day-to-day practice up to date. Including key information and practical tips, The Perfect SENCO is a useful point of reference for busy senior leaders. The book can be used to encourage reflection of current policy and practice, to support cultural or systemic change and to consider ways of coordinating SEN provision to successfully raise the achievement of pupils with special educational needs. This revised and updated edition is referenced against the Children and Families Act, the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice and up-to-date Ofsted guidelines. It will support SENCOs, inclusion managers and coordinators, SEN goverrs together with senior leaders to start implementing change effectively.
- Author BiographyNatalie Packer is an education consultant specialising in SEN and School Improvement. Having previously worked for the National Strategies SEN team and as an LA Adviser for SEN, combined with her headship experience, Natalie has had the opportunity to observe all manner of school practice, allowing her to assess the best catalysts for effective teaching and learning.
- Author(s)Natalie Packer
- PublisherIndependent Thinking Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIndependent Thinking Press
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.