Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Perfect Turn promises us tales of skiing and skiers-but what gripping tales these are: ski history meets ski adventure. The story of great ski races and great ski racers, the pursuit of the World Speed Record on skis, memoirs of colorful, important, and simply remarkable skiers, winter backcountry expeditions through the remotest of swy ranges ... Author Dick Dorworth weaves an engaging blend of action and reflection in the most thoughtful and literary ski writing to come along in ages. This is a book by a skier who has lived it all, skied it all, and then thought about his sport in fresh and surprising terms. This collection contains brings together 19 essays that probe and reveal the very soul of skiing, and ends with a poetic piece of short fiction that gives this collection its title.
- Author BiographyDick Dorworth has skied and climbed in Europe, Asia, Alaska and South America; but he's spent most of his life in the mountains of the West. He ski raced extensively from 1950 through 1965 and set the world record for speed on skis in Portillo, Chile in 1963. Dick taught and coached skiing for years, served as coach of the U.S. Ski Men's Team. and later Director of the Aspen Mountain Ski School. Dorworth's writing has appeared in Ski, Skiing, Powder, Snow Country, Mountain Gazette, Men's Journal, Climbing, New West, Mariah, Wild Duck Review, Summit, and Backpacker. Dorworth is a reporter and regular columnist for the Idaho Mountain Express in Ketchum, his home base. Most winter days he skis, either on his favorite mountain, Baldy, or in the backcountry. In summer he climbs. He is a registered Democrat who thinks his party needs more calcium in its diet. Although a member of the Sierra Club, he thinks Deep Ecology is closer to the mark. Night Driving, Dorworth's first book was published in 2007 by First Ascent Press.
- Author(s)Dick Dorworth
- PublisherWestern Eye Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestern Eye Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.