All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Andreas G. Philaretou uses autobiographical reflection to investigate the negative impact of traditional masculine gender socialization on men's lives. Through an analysis that uses a feminist postmodern ideology of gender deconstruction and reconstruction, Philaretou sheds new light on the understudied area of male hurt, which is often experienced within the context of interpersonal relationships in dating, marital, and familial settings, and tends to be manifested in the form of male sexual anxiety, sexual addiction, and relational abuse.
- Author BiographyAndreas G. Philaretou has a Ph.D. in Family Studies from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is Assistant Professor in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at Western Michigan University.
- Author(s)Andreas G. Philaretou
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication19/04/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.