Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the Person of Christ affects our understanding of all Christian theology. All ten contributors to this volume share a commitment to the orthodox theological tradition in Christology as expressed in the creedal heritage of the Christian church, and seek to explicate the continuing coherence and importance of that theological tradition. The book's ten essays cover such topics as prolegomena to Christology, the incarnation, the person and nature of Christ, the communicatio idiomatum, the baptism of Christ, the redemptive work of Christ, the ascended Christ, and New Testament Christology, and offers critical engagements with such diverse theologians as John Calvin, Charles Williams and John Zizioulas. The contributors, all leading academics, include: John Webster, Richard Burridge, Robert Jenson, Stephen Holmes, Douglas Farrow, Brian Horne, Murray, Douglas Knight, Sandra Fach, Christoph Schwoebel.
- Author BiographyMurray Rae Murray Rae isAssociate Professor of Theologyat The University of Otago, New Zealand. He has published extensively in the field of Christian theology and has previously collaborated with Colin Gunton in 'The Practice of Theology', SCM Press, 2001. Stephen Holmes is Lecturer in Theology at The University of St Andrews, UK. He has published extensively in the field of Christian theology and has previously collaborated with Colin Gunton in The Practice of Theology, SCM Press, 2001.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMurray Rae,Stephen R. Holmes
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.