All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book outlines a coherent genre history of the personal weblog from the perspective of media linguistics. An analysis of a diachronic corpus (1997-2012) suggests distinct phases in the history of the genre. In addition to media linguistics, the author draws on methods from textual and corpus linguistics as well as the social sciences. He traces the personal weblog's various relations to different on- and offline genres and describes the blog communication form as well as the communicative situation, structural features and several posting genres characteristic of personal weblogs. The findings are embedded into theoretical considerations on genre change in general as well as stability and change of web-based genres in particular.
- Author BiographyPeter Schildhauer studied gymnasiales Lehramt (German / English) at the universities of Halle-Wittenberg and Newcastle (UK). His research interests lie in the fields of text- and media-linguistics, computer-mediated communication and digital education. He works as a lecturer at the German department of the University of Halle-Wittenberg and is co-founder of the ejournal 10plus1: Living Linguistics.
- Author(s)Peter Schildhauer
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleHallesche Sprach- Und Textforschung. Language and Text Studies. Recherches Linguistiques et Textuelles
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight490 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.