All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionSaving one suffocating man and watching ather die in the operation room are only the start of my journey as a volunteer at the hospitals at USC, UCLA, and Kaiser. Over the course of a year, I have logged t only about what it means to volunteer and stay sane in the hospital setting, but also the life lessons that one learns when coping with death, commitment, and most importantly, people. Restraining a dementia-stricken patient from pulling out his IV is one thing, but when you are talking face-to-face with a man who is seeing his final start tonight, you are longer the same person who walked into that patient room. It is one thing when you are a grown man witnessing a death firsthand, but it is completely different to deal with multiple deaths on a daily basis, especially when you are...17. I am 17 and I have seen the other side of the hospital counter. Join me as I recollect my experiences and take you on an intellectual journey of expanding horizons, breaking boundaries, and the ultimate truth of what it means to volunteer in a hospital, day in and day out.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Chernobylsky was inspired to write after several near-death experiences in his childhood. He currently lives on the West Coast of the US with his family and friends. It is very enlightening...hearing the experiences of a high-school aged volunteer as well as his trials and tribulations experience at that age -Pierce College The Roundup Newspaper.
- Author(s)David J Chernobylsky
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date01/06/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight205 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.