All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the world's major oil-producing countries. A member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC), the UAE has estimated recoverable oil reserves of around 97 billion barrels, of which the emirate of Abu Dhabi alone accounts for around 92.2 billion barrels.The petroleum experience of Abu Dhabi has been varied and extensive. The structure of the industry has developed from the original concession arrangements through to the establishment of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) in 1971 and its subsidiaries. During this transformation of the industry in Abu Dhabi, the legal framework governing the development of petroleum resources in the emirate has evolved, as has the tax system applicable to operating companies, the means of dispute resolution, and the overall organizational structure of the industry. The structure of the Abu Dhabi oil industry is built around the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), which has rapidly assumed the role of a link between government institutions - which establish petroleum policy - and the operating companies that are responsible for executing approved projects. ADNOC is responsible for the implementation of all aspects of the oil policy of the emirate of Abu Dhabi.As the principal producer of oil and gas in the UAE, ADNOC's position in the industry is central. Atef Suleiman is uniquely qualified to assess the role of ADNOC, and he here examines the nature of its operations, and explores its ability to invate and develop in order to successfully ride the new trends in the oil industry.
- Author BiographyAtef Suleiman was General Counsel and Manager of the Legal Department of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) from 1974 to the end of 1997 and has been involved in legal and economic aspects of the oil industry for more than forty years through his employment in major oil producing nations of the Middle East.
- PublisherEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Date of Publication19/12/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight463 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.