CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a love story, The Phantom of the Opera is a gothic tale of obsession which led to madness. . The Paris Opera House and its hidden rooms and underground are perfect place to develop a horror story. Gaston Leroux ticed this potential and utilized it to great effect. At first glance, The Phantom of the Opera may see dry, or written more from a reporter's perspective. Readers who delve beyond the dry exterior will find, however, an immeasurable cornucopia of amazing characters, events and one of the best literary love's and gothic work of fiction. Gaston Leroux paints a world of amazing detail, one which completely absorbs the reader. The Phantom of the Opera revolves around the Vicomte Raoul de Chagny who has fallen in love with the beautiful Christine who is being haunted by a mysterious ghost in her dressing room. The plot moves as anyone would suspect when Christine begins to return the feelings of the Vicomte but then he soon comes to realize that Christine's ghost is real and has a thing or three to say about their relationship. The character of the phantom, or Erik, is filled with raw emotion, mystery, and love. Even readers who don't like his character will be moved at his attempts to woo Christine, and how shallow, yet dangerously incent she is. Though more than a century old, Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera will remain a classic for years to come.
- Author BiographyGaston Leroux (1868-1927) was a French journalist and author of detective fiction. In the English-speaking world, he is best known for writing the novel The Phantom of the Opera which has been made into several film and stage productions of the same name, such as the 1925 film starring Lon Chaney; and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 1986 musical.
- Author(s)Gaston LeRoux
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.