All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionIs there a God, should I eat meat, where does the universe come from, could I live for ever as a robot? These are the big questions readers will be wrestling with in this thoroughly enjoyable book. Dip into any chapter and you will find lively scenarios and dialogues to take you through philosophical puzzles ancient and modern, involving virtual reality, science fiction and a host of characters from this and other planets. The text is interspersed on every page with lively cartoons, and there is a list of philosophical jargon at the end. Stephen Law has a gift for communicating complex ideas. He offers few answers, but his unstuffy, highly personal approach will have the reader thinking and arguing with as much pleasure as he does himself.
- Author BiographyStephen Law dropped out of school, spent four years as a postman in Cambridge, and then went on to Oxford where he got a first-class Honours degree, a B. Phil. and a D. Phil. In Philosophy. He has held several lectureships and a Research Fellowship at Oxford and is now a full-time lecturer in Philosophy at Heythrop College, University of London. He is working on a follow-up to 'The Philosophy Files'. Daniel Postgate is the cartoonist on the DAILY EXPRESS. Daniel Postgate is the cartoonist for the Daily Express. He has illustrated a number of children's books, including The Philosophy Files and The Outer Limits.
- Author(s)Stephen Law
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date10/03/2011
- Content Note200 Line Drawing(s)
- Weight210 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Daniel Postgate
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age12+
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.