All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilt around practical exercises, this book helps students to practise and master core reading and writing skills crucial to the successful study of philosophy. The Philosophy Skills Book will help you to master the core skills you need to succeed in your study of Philosophy. Taking you through a series of exercises that will help you practise and perfect your reading and writing of Philosophy, this book covers such topics as: Finding arguments and drawing conclusions; Finding and resolving inconsistencies; Brainstorming and planning your essays; Summarizing and defending your argument; Using quotations; and, Avoiding common errors. Whether you want to get your studies off to a flying start or improve your final grade, The Philosophy Skills Book will help you develop the skills you need to be a better Philosopher.
- Author BiographyStephen J. Finn is Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Assistant Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence at the United States Military Academy, West Point, USA.
- Author(s)Stephen J. Finn
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight275 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.