All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with clarity, wit, and rigor, The Philosophy of Art provides an incisive account of the core topics in the field. * The first volume in the new Foundations of the Philosophy of the Arts series, designed to provide crisp introductions to the fundamental general questions about art, as well as to questions about the several arts (such as literature, music or painting). * Presents a clear and insightful introduction to central topics and on-going debates in the philosophy of art. * Eight sections cover a wide spectrum of topics such as the interpretation of art, the relation between art and moral values, and the expression and arousal of emotion through art. * Pedagogical features include full-color illustrations, vibrant examples, thought-provoking discussion questions and helpful suggested readings.
- Author BiographyStephen Davies teaches philosophy at the University of Auckland. He is the author of Definitions of Art (1991), Musical Meaning and Expression (1994), Musical Works and Performances: A Philosophical Exploration (2001), and Themes in the Philosophy of Music (2003), and the editor of Art and Its Messages: Meaning, Morality, and Society (1997) and Art and Essence (2003).
- Author(s)Stephen Davies
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleFoundations of the Philosophy of the Arts
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Out-of-print date03/02/2016
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight406 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.