Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, philosophical issues in nursing and health care have become more evident in the academic literature. The Philosophy of Nurse Education examines the nature of these trends in relation to the education of nurses and other health professionals. It covers a variety of philosophical perspectives, including the analytical and the postmodern. The book enhances ideas of learning, teaching and curriculum design through coverage of such central concepts as educative strategies, professional care, apprenticeship, practice-based learning, competence and responsibility.
- Author BiographyJOHN S DRUMMOND is Senior Lecturer in Nursing at the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Dundee, UK. His research includes philosophy, the humanities and social theory applied to nursing and health care. He is co-founder and the current treasurer of The International Philosophy of Nursing Society. PAUL STANDISH is Professor of Philosophy of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. He is a leading figure in this field and Editor of the Journal of Philosophy of Education. Previous publications include The Blackwell Guide to Philosophy o
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJohn Drummond,Paul Standish
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.