All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late 1970s, the George Eastman House approached a group of photographers to ask for their favorite recipes and food-related photographs to go with them, in pursuit of publishing a cookbook. Playing off George Eastman's own famous recipe for lemon meringue pie, as well as former director Beaumont Newhall's love of food, the cookbook grew from the idea that photographers' talent in the darkroom must also translate into special skills in the kitchen. The recipes do t disappoint, with Robert Adams' Big Sugar Cookies, Ansel Adams' Poached Eggs in Beer, Richard Avedon's Royal Pot Roast, Imogen Cunningham's Borscht, William Eggleston's Cheese Grits Casserole, Stephen Shore's Key Lime Pie Supreme, and Ed Ruscha's Cactus Omelet, to name a few. The book was never published, and the materials have remained in George Eastman House's collection ever since. Now, forty years later, this extensive and distinctive archive of untouched recipes and photographs are published in The Photographer's Cookbook for the first time. The book provides a time capsule of contemporary photographers of the 1970s - many before they made a name for themselves - as well as a fascinating look at how they depicted food, family, and home, taking readers behind the camera and into the hearts, and stomachs of some of photography's most important practitioners.
- Author(s)Lisa Hostetler
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteplates
- Weight431 g
- Width168 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.