All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the publication in September 2008 of the first three books featuring The Library of Congress' internationally rewned collection of Farm Security Administration and Office of War information photographs, the series will continue with images chosen from the works of John Vachon, Esther Bubley and Jack Dela. Providing a unique view of American life during the Great Depression and Second World War, each Fields of Vision volume includes an introduction to the life of the photographer and over 50 evocative images selected from their work. Transporting the viewer to American homes, farms and streets in the 1930s and 1940s, they also offer a glimpse of a new narrative and intimate style that was later to blossom on the pages of LOOK and LIFE magazines. For many Americans of the pre-television age, the diversity and complexity of their country was defined by the lenses of these men and women.
- Author BiographyMelissa Fay Greene is an author and regular contributor to 'The New York Times Magazine'. Amy Pastan is an independent editor and book packager, formerly at the National Gallery of Art, Washington. W. Ralph Eubanks is director of publishing at The Library of Congress.
- Author(s)Melissa Fay Greene
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- Series TitleFields of Vision
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Content Note55 col
- Weight204 g
- Width180 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.