All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Physics of Plasmas provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject, illustrating the basic theory with examples drawn from fusion, space and astrophysical plasmas. A particular strength of the book is its discussion of the various models used to describe plasma physics and the relationships between them. These include particle orbit theory, fluid equations, ideal and resistive magnetohydrodynamics, wave equations and kinetic theory. The reader will gain a firm grounding in the fundamentals, and develop this into an understanding of some of the more specialised topics. Throughout the text, there is an emphasis on the physical interpretation of plasma phemena. Exercises are provided throughout. Advanced undergraduate and graduate students of physics, applied mathematics, astromy and engineering will find a clear but rigorous explanation of the fundamental properties of plasmas with minimal mathematical formality. This book will also appeal to research physicists, nuclear and electrical engineers.
- Author BiographyBefore retiring in 2001, T. J. M. Boyd was Professor of Physics at the University of Essex. He has taught plasma physics to graduates and undergraduates all over the world. Jeff Sanderson is Professor Emeritus at the University of St Andrews, and has taught plasma physics for over 30 years in Europe and the USA.
- Author(s)J.J. Sanderson,T.J.M. Boyd
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2003
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note186 b/w illus. 15 tables 160 exercises
- Weight860 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.