Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.34Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrillat-Savarin's unique, exuberant collection of dishes, experiences, reflections, history and philosophy raised gastromy to an art form. First published in France in 1825, this remarkable book reflected a new era in French cuisine- the advent of the restaurant, which gave the bourgeoisie the opportunity to select their dishes with precision and anticipation. Yet the author also gives his views on taste, diet and maintaining a healthy weight, on digestion, sleep, dreams and being a gourmand. Witty, shrewd and anecdotal, The Physiology of Taste t only contains some remarkable recipes, it an elegant argument for the pleasures of good food and a hearty appetite.
- Author BiographyJean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin was born in 1755 in Belley France, an area renowned for its food and wine. After graduating in law, Briallat-Savarin became magistrate of Belley and was later elected Mayor. During the French Revolution his life was endangered and he fled to other parts of Europe and then America, earning his living as a violinist in a theatre orchestra. He returned to France in 1796 and became a judge of the Supreme Courts of Appeal. He began compiling a book of meditations on gastronomy and in 1825, a few months before his death, published this brilliant treatise on the pleasures of eating: the culmination of a life-long love affair with food.
- Author(s)Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/1994
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1994
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byAnne Drayton
- Introduction byAnne Drayton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.