All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn our deepest grief we still turn instinctively to poetry for solace. These poems, drawn from many different ages and cultures, remind us that the experience of parting is a timelessly human one: however alone the loss of a loved one leaves us, our mourning is also something that deeply unites us; these poems of parting and passing, of sorrow and healing, will find a deep echo within those who find themselves dealing with grief or bereavement. Whatever our loss, it is assuaged in finding a voice -- and whether that voice is one of private remembrance or public memorial, The Picador Book of Funeral Poems will help you towards it.
- Author BiographyDon Paterson was born in 1963 in Dundee. His collections of poetry are Nil Nil, God's Gift to Women, The Eyes, Landing Light, Orpheus (a version of Rilke's Die Sonette an Orpheus) and Rain. His poetry has won a number of awards, including the Forward Prize for Best First Collection, the Whitbread Poetry Prize, the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Award, and the T S Eliot Prize on two occasions. Most recently, Rain won the 2009 Forward prize. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and a Fellow of the English Association; he received the OBE in 2008 and the Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry in 2010.
- Author(s)Don Paterson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.