All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to explain the basic concepts and phemena of quantum mechanics by means of visualisation. Computer-generated illustrations in color are used extensively throughout the text, helping to establish the relation between quantum mechanics-wave functions, interference, atomic structure, and so forth-and classical physics-point mechanics, statistical mechanics, and wave optics. Even more important, by studying the pictures in parallel with the text, readers develop an intuition for such toriously abstract phemena as: * the tunnel effect * excitation and decay of metastable states * wave-packet motion within a well * systems of distinguishable and indistinguishable particles * free wave packets and scattering in 3 dimensions * angular-momentum decomposition * stationary bound states in various 3-dimensional potentials * hybrid states * Kepler motion of wave packets in the Coulomb field * spin and magnetic resonance Illustrations from experiments in a variety of fields, including chemistry, and molecular, atomic, nuclear, and particle physics, underline the basic as well as the practical importance of quantum mechanics. In the present, fourth edition all computer graphics are presented in full colour. It also contains additional physics topics such as hybridisation.
- Author BiographySiegmund Brandt is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Siegen, Germany. Dr. Hans Dieter Dahmen is Professor Emeritus of Theoretical Physics at the University of Siegen, Germany.
- Author(s)H.D. Dahmen,Siegmund Brandt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- LanguageEnglish & English
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight975 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.