All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- Description<b>#1 <i>New York Times </i>Bestseller Oprah's Book Club Selection If you liked the Century Trilogy, you'll love the extraordinary . . . monumental masterpiece (<i>Booklist</i>) that changed the course of Ken Follett's already phemenal career.</b> Follett risks all and comes out a clear winner, extolled <i>Publishers Weekly</i> on the release of <i>The Pillars of the Earth</i>. A departure for the bestselling thriller writer, the historical epic stunned readers and critics alike with its ambitious scope and gripping humanity. Today, it stands as a testament to Follett's unassailable command of the written word and to his universal appeal. <i>The Pillars of the Earth</i> tells the story of Philip, prior of Kingsbridge, a devout and resourceful monk driven to build the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has kwn . . . of Tom, the mason who becomes his architect--a man divided in his soul . . . of the beautiful, elusive Lady Aliena, haunted by a secret shame . . . and of a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state and brother against brother. A spellbinding epic tale of ambition, anarchy, and absolute power set against the sprawling medieval canvas of twelfth-century England, this is Ken Follett's historical masterpiece.
- Author Biography<b>Ken Follett</b> is one of the world's best-loved authors, selling more than 160 million copies of his thirty books. Follett's first bestseller was <i>Eye of the Needle</i>, a spy story set in the Second World War. In 1989 <i>The Pillars of the Earth </i>was published, and has since become the author's most successful novel. It reached number one on bestseller lists around the world and was an Oprah's Book Club pick. Its sequel, <i>World Without End</i>, proved equally popular, and the Kingsbridge series has sold 38 million copies worldwide. The third book, <i>A Column of Fire</i>, will be published by Viking in Fall 2017. Follett lives in Hertfordshire, England, with his wife Barbara. Between them they have five children, six grandchildren, and three Labradors.
- Author(s)Ken Follett
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleKingsbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.