All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA writer in a totalitarian state is interrogated about the gruesome content of his short stories and their similarities to a number of child-murders that are happening in his town. Sometimes you don't even kw what you've been craving until the real thing comes along. ( New York Times ). McDonagh is more than just a very clever theatrical stylist. His tricks and turns have a purpose. They are bridges over a deep pit of sympathy and sorrow, illuminated by a tragic vision of stunted and frustrated lives. (Fintan O'Toole, Irish Times ). Martin McDonagh's searingly brilliant new play premieres at the National Theatre, London in November 2003.
- Author BiographyMartin McDonagh was born in London and has since worked as a playwright, screenwriter and film director. His first play, The Beauty Queen of Leenane, was nominated for six Tony awards, of which it won four, and the Laurence Olivier Award. In 2003, his play The Pillowman had its world premiere at the Royal National Theatre and received the 2004 Olivier Award. In 2006, Martin McDonagh won an Oscar for his short film Six Shooter. His most recent works include, A Behanding in Spokane, The Guard and Seven Psychopaths.
- Author(s)Martin McDonagh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication20/11/2003
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight80 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.