Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionDevised by devious genius Tom Cutler, The Pilot Who Wore a Dress is a fiendish collection of riddles, mysteries and puzzles to test and tease your brain. Here's a simple one to get you started: four bodybuilders are huddling together in the street, under a small ladies' umbrella, yet after 20 minutes t one of them has got wet. How is this possible? Separated into original brainteasers and timeless conundrums, plus locked-room head-scratchers and unsolvable crimes borrowed from the very best of detective fiction, this cunning collection will give your lateral thinking muscle a proper workout. See if you can crack the problems by tracing the clues tucked away in each mystery, without sneaking a peak at the answers at the back of the book. These puzzles are perfect for the squashed commute and after-dinner whoopla alike. They are guaranteed to entertain and delight, whether you're a wannabe Sherlock Holmes or a budding Jonathan Creek. Side effects may include bafflement, laughter, smugness, and exclamations along the lines of, 'It's so obvious once you kw the answer.' Oh, and about those bone-dry bodybuilders - who said it was raining? So obvious!
- Author BiographyTom Cutler began his career with numerous false starts, as a teacher, set designer, speechwriter, printer, wine waiter, City drone, and radio reporter, before settling down in book and magazine publishing. After building up extensive scar tissue he finally threw caution to the wind and launched himself as a humorous writer upon a reading public that had done nothing to hurt him. Tom's books cover a variety of subjects, including language, sex, and music. Among his several international bestsellers are, A Gentleman's Bedside Book and the Amazon number-one blockbuster, 211 Things A Bright Boy Can Do. His work has been translated into more languages than you can shake a stick at. Tom has written for the Guardian, the Mail, the Telegraph, the Huffington Post, and BBC radio, and he has a regular column in The Chap magazine. He is a practising magician and member of the Magic Circle, as well as a detective story fan and longstanding Sherlock Holmes aficionado. A lifetime's experience as a very devious bugger has helped him with this book. Tom lives at the seaside, where he enjoys kicking pebbles.
- Author(s)Tom Cutler
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/09/2016
- Content Note30 b/w illus
- Weight250 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.