All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe heavy mantle of empire has suddenly fallen on King Saxthor's shoulders. As new Emperor of the Powterosian Empire and King of Neuyokkasin, he alone is responsible for restoring order and prosperity across three quarters of the shattered world. But unkwn rival kingdoms stand on the vast borders. Though his imperial crown is absolute, with his sudden ascension the old order ferments beneath him. Amid this political turmoil, Saxthor is torn between his love for Dagmar and his state responsibility to ensure future stability through an heir connected with the previous dynasty. And then there is the Dark Lord, whom even death cant subdue...
- Author BiographyI grew up in a small town, Kinston, in Eastern North Carolina in the golden age of youth. I say golden age, because kids dashed out the door on Saturday morning, took to bicycles, and explored the world around them unrestrained only returning home for dinner in the late afternoon. I scampered over fields and swampy low grounds, investigated and collected anything that moved and half the flora I came across. That gave me the knowledge of the natural world that backgrounds my epic. I studied mythology and developed my own language that has served me through life. My most prized names took form in the characters and places of my books all these decades later. I went to college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where I graduated with a BA degree in Ancient and European History. An elective course on castle and cathedral fired up a love of medieval architecture. Little did I know political histories, biographies, art, and architecture would again arise in the fortresses and palaces in my books. I served my country in the Vietnam War, repairing the display computers on the Air Force's F111 aircraft, though not in Vietnam. Then I audited agriculture courses at NC State University for a year before returning to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and graduating with a MBA, Masters of Business Administration. A long career in the textile industry working in materials inventory, computer systems development, and finally, manufacturing operations ended abruptly due to a corporate buyout. The imploding industry left little economic opportunity. I found myself looking 'outside the box' for future options. A seed suggestion to write down some of my stories, planted by a doctor of literature in my youth, germinated. I decided to write a fantasy story. I had no inkling it would lead me on the greatest adventure of my life. Though I didn't know the stern mandates of creative writing before I started, I learned backwards by rewriting my epic over the years correcting the point of view, show don't tell, 'ly' adverb, passive voice, etc. issues until at last I have the story down pat. My greatest supporter and companion through the years of writing this epic was my little silky terrier, Miss Delia. She passed away after sixteen years just prior to my publishing my first of the four books. This epic is dedicated first and foremost to that precious little girl.
- Author(s)MR C Craig Coleman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMS Karlie Demarse
- Illustrator(s)MR Lanny Markasky
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.