All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of modern ecomic thought has been pre-occupied with the question of ecomic transformation or development. This survey of important contributions to the ecomics of development includes many ecomists t rmally considered as pioneers in this field. The contributors point to the role of imperialist considerations in the early development of ecomic thought and the development discourse, and the impact of pressures for social and political reform. The ecomists and thinkers discussed include William Petty, David Ricardo, Friedrich List, Alexander Hamilton, Karl Marx, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, Alfred Marshall, Michal Kalecki, John Maynard Keynes, Nicholas Kaldor, Karl Polanyi, Raul Prebisch, Arthur Lewis, Alexander Gerschenkeron and Hans Singer.
- Author BiographyJomo K. S. (PhD, Harvard, 1978) is Professor in the Applied Economics Department, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. His major book publications include A Question of Class, Growth and Structural Change in the Malaysian Economy, Southeast Asia's Misunderstood Miracle (with others) and Malaysia's Political Economy (with E. T. Gomez). Chang and Khoo are experienced Malaysian researchers,while the other contributors to the volume are all based in Malaysia.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content NoteNotes Bibliography Index
- Weight422 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Edited byKwame Sundaram Jomo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.