All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the conceptual topography of landscape: It examines the character of landscape as itself a mode of place as well as the modes of place that appear in relation to landscape.Leading scholars from a range of disciplines explore the concept of landscape, including its supposed relation to the spectatorial, its character as time-space, its relation to indigeus tions of country, and its liminality. They examine landscape as it appears within a variety of contexts, from geography through photography and garden history to theology; and more specific studies look at the forms of landscape in medieval landscape painting, film and television, and in relation to national identity. The essays demonstrate that the study of landscape cant be restricted to any one genre, cant be taken as the exclusive province of any one discipline, and cant be exhausted by any single form of analysis. What the place of landscape w evokes is itself a wide-ranging terrain encompassing issues concerning the nature of place, of human being in place, and of the structures that shape such being and are shaped by it.
- Author BiographyJeff Malpas is Distinguished Professor at the University of Tasmania and Distinguished Visiting Professor at Latrobe University. He is the author of Heidegger's Topology: Being, Place, World and Heidegger and the Thinking of Place: Explorations in the Topology of Being, both published by the MIT Press.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note17 figures
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeff Malpas
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.