Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilisation, in collaboration with the Pan-African Strategic and Policy Research Group, the Institute for Research on the African Diaspora in the Americas and the Caribbean, and the Faculty of Humanities and Education in the University of the West Indies, held an international conference in Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. The background was the desire to put Africa's past in proper perspective, and illustrating her contribution to human development. The sixteen papers in this volume were presented at the conference, and have the overall theme of culture and identity on the continent and in the diaspora. Issues covered include as Africana Studies, Education, History and Philosophy; Western Feminism and Global African Womanism; Indigeus Kwledge, Science and Techlogy. Some papers also explored Africa's contributions to engineering, religious concepts, astromy, literature, language, arts, textiles and medicine.
- Date of Publication29/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byTunde Babawale
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.