All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopmental programming is a rapidly advancing discipline of great importance to basic scientists and health professionals alike. This text integrates, for the first time, contributions from world experts to explore the role of the placenta in developmental programming. The book considers the mater-fetal supply line, and how perturbations of placental development impact on its functional capacity. Chapters examine ways in which environmental, immulogical and vascular insults regulate expression of conventional and imprinted genes, along with their impact on placental shape and size, transport, metabolism and endocrine function. Research in animal models is integrated with human clinical and epidemiological data, and questions for future research are identified. Transcripts of discussions between the authors allow readers to engage with controversial issues. Essential reading for researchers in placental biology and developmental programming, as well as specialists and trainees in the wider field of reproductive medicine.
- Author BiographyGraham J. Burton is Professor of Reproductive Biology and Director of the Centre for Trophoblast Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK. David J. P. Barker is Director of the MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre (University of Southampton), Southampton General Hospital, UK. Ashley Moffett is Professor of Reproductive Immunology at the University of Cambridge and Director of Studies in Medicine at King's College, Cambridge, UK. Kent Thornburg is Director of the Heart Research Center and Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oregon, Portland, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 16 colour illus. 10 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAshley Moffett,David J. P. Barker,Graham J. Burton,Kent Thornburg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.