All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionPlant cells house highly dynamic cytoskeletal networks of microtubules and actin microfilaments. They constantly undergo remodeling to fulfill their roles in supporting cell division, enlargement, and differentiation. Following early studies on structural aspects of the networks, recent breakthroughs have connected them with more and more intracellular events essential for plant growth and development. Advanced techlogies in cell biology (live-cell imaging in particular), molecular genetics, gemics, and proteomics have revolutionized this field of study. Stories summarized in this book may inspire enthusiastic scientists to pursue new directions toward understanding functions of the plant cytoskeleton. The Plant Cytoskeleton is divided into three sections: 1) Molecular Basis of the Plant Cytoskeleton; 2) Cytoskeletal Reorganization in Plant Cell Division; and 3) The Cytoskeleton in Plant Growth and Development. This book is aimed at serving as a resource for anyone who wishes to learn about the plant cytoskeleton beyond ordinary textbooks.
- Author BiographyBo Liu is professor in the Department of Plant Biology at the University of California in Davis, California. He received his B.S. degree in cell biology and genetics and M.S. degree in cell biology from Peking University in Beijing, China, and Ph.D. degree in botany from the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. Research in his laboratory is focused on studying the cytoskeletal basis of intracellular motility in flowering plants and filamentous fungi.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleAdvances in Plant Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight528 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBo Liu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.