All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pleasures of Good Photographs is an intellectual and aesthetic excursion led by Gerry Badger, one of the fields eminent critics and popular writers. In this new volume of essays, Badger offers insight into some of his favorite images, artists, and themes, drawing upon nearly three decades of experience writing and thinking about photography. With deep discernment and a readable mixture of scholarly finesse and wit, Badger describes the meanings of work by dozens of photographers, from Dorothea Lange and Eugene Atget to Martin Parr, Luc Delahaye, Susan Lipper, and Paul Graham. Among the broader topics discussed are the photobook, where Badger believes photography sings its loudest and most complex song, and Photoshops role in art-making. An interlude at the heart of the book pairs the authors evocative meditations with nearly a dozen particular images. Alongside some of Badgers classics, The Pleasures of Good Photographs showcases primarily new essays, making it an important addition to the can of photographic writing.
- Author(s)Gerry Badger
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- Series TitleAperture Ideas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight730 g
- Width160 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.