CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the plot genie --a plot-generating device created in the 1930s that used numerical games of chance to divine character traits and plot points--this imaginative, book-length poem discusses the ways in which people are re-created, inspired, aroused, and persuaded by the power of the stories that they listen to and share. Rich in scene and cinematic quality, the plot--visual and literary, old and new--recombines all into a simultaneous present, examining society's endless hunger for narrative. Exploring and blending genres with exciting and lyrical language, references to film and pop culture are laced throughout. Presenting a memorable cast in moving and humorous motifs, this rich composition explores the way the characters behave when inhabiting a construct created by ideas.
- Author BiographyGillian Conoley is an award-winning poet and the founder and editor of VOLT -- a national literary magazine. She lives in Corte Madera, California.
- Author(s)Gillian Conoley
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight244 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.