All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis study examines by a meticulous analysis of abundant rabbinic citations the pluralism of the Halakhah in the pre-70 period which stands in contrast to the fixed Halakhah of later periods. The Temple's destruction provoked, for political motives, the initiation of this significant shift, which protracted itself, in developmental stages, for a longer period. The transition from the Tannaitic to the Amoraic era was a consequential turning point on the extended path from flexibility to rigidity in Jewish law.
- Author BiographyDr. Paul Heger obtained a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies of the University of Toronto in 1996 and published books on different aspects of cult in Israel.
- Author(s)Paul Heger
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication20/11/2002
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleStudia Judaica / Forschungen Zur Wissenschaft Des Judentums
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.22
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight879 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.