All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering parts of six Pennsylvania countiesMonroe, Pike, southern Wayne and Lackawanna, rtheastern Carbon, and eastern Luzerne this book celebrates the Poco Mountains region: its majestic beauty and history. Nearly 400 images pay homage to the scenic landscape that inspired vacationing families and tourists to escape hot summers in the city for rafting, caeing, and kayaking while taking advantage of its mountains and plateaus in the winter for some skiing, swshoeing, and ice-skating. The book also blends the art and culture of the region by showcasing the architecture, attractions, and historical sites of the surrounding counties. There are museums, historical courthouses and homesteads, state parks, nature sanctuaries, waterfalls, foliage, wildlife, and breath-taking vistas. For more than 150 years, visitors have been drawn to vacation and retire in the Pocos. See for yourself one of the most beautiful, interesting, and spectacular places in the United States.
- Author BiographyMichael P. Gadomski, a third generation Pocono native, is an internationally published photographer and a former state park ranger. He spent his lifetime exploring the wilds of Pennsylvanias Pocono Mountains and its rich historic past.
- Author(s)Michael P. Gadomski
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note398 colour illus
- Weight1600 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.