Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- Description-I think Peter Dickinson is hands down the best stylist as a writer and the most interesting storyteller in my genre.---Sara Paretsky, author of Breakdown -Dickinson's crime vels are simply like other; sophisticated, erudite, unexpected, intricate, English and deeply, wonderfully peculiar.- --Christopher Fowler, author of The Memory of Blood Praise for The Poison Oracle -I have idea if any of this talk and ac-tion is authentic, and I don't care. Either way it's marvellous.---Rex Stout -Intelligent, elegantly written . . . a thoroughly enjoyable read.---Sunday Times Praise for Peter Dickinson's mysteries: -He is the true original, a superb writer who revitalises the traditions of the mystery genre . . . incapable of writing a trite or inelegant sentence . . . a mas-ter.---P. D. James -Consummate storytelling skill.---Peter Lovesey Take a medieval Arab kingdom, add a ruler who wants to update the kingdom's educational facilities, include an English research psycholinguist (an Oxford classmate of the ruler) invited to pursue his work on animal communication, and then add a touch of chaos in Dinah, a chimpanzee who has begun to learn to form coherent sentences with plastic symbols. When a murder is committed in the oil-rich marshes, Dinah is the only witness, and Morris has to go into the marshes to dis-cover the truth. The Poison Oracle is a vel of its time that exposes in the everyday language people use humanity's thinking and unthinking cruelties to one ather and to the animals with whom we share this earth. Peter Dickinson has twice received the Crime Writers' Association's Gold Dagger. His vels include Death of a Unicorn, A Summer in the Twenties, and many more. He lives in England and is married to the velist Robin McKinley.
- Author BiographyPeter Dickinson: Peter Dickinson OBE has twice received the Crime Writers' Association's Gold Dagger as well as the Guardian Award and Whitbread Prize. His latest book is Earth and Air: Tales of Elemental Spirits (Big Mouth House). He lives in England and is married to the novelist Robin McKinley.
- Author(s)Peter Dickinson
- PublisherSmall Beer Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNorthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBig Mouth House
- Weight245 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.