Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the early days of humankind to today, steady techlogical advances have greatly changed the landscape of farming. In the United States in particular, these changes have in turn impacted the scope of food production-and often t in a positive way. In The Poisoning of Americans, author Jacob Silver presents an in-depth, investigative expose into the production of Americans' food and how it is responsible for the failing health of US citizens. The Poisoning of Americans gives an overview of the fundamentals of humans and the food they consume, as well as the essential nutrients they need and how those relate to health. It discusses the production of beef, poultry, and pork and the effects of the use of antibiotics and hormones. It addresses the consequences of the ubiquitous presence of corn in many areas of food and food production and the harmful results of this practice. Though the essays address the flaws in the food production system, they also provide recommendations and ideas to help restore the natural state of American agriculture and help to produce healthier citizens.
- Author(s)Jacob Silver Phd
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.