All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Poisson-Dirichlet distribution, a probability on the in?nite-dimensional s- plex, was introduced by Kingman in 1975. Since then it has found applications in Bayesian statistics, combinatorics, number theory, ?nance, macroecomics, physics and, especially, in population genetics. Several books have appeared that contain sections or chapters on the Poisson-Dirichlet distribution. These include, but are t limited to, Aldous , Arratia, Barbour and Tavare[ ' 9], Ewens , Kingman [127, 130], and Pitman . This book is the ?rst that focuses solely on the Poisson-Dirichlet distribution and some closely related topics. The purposes of this book are to introduce the Poisson-Dirichlet distribution, to study its connections to stochastic dynamics, and to give an up-to-date account of results concerning its various asymptotic behaviors. The book is divided into two parts. Part I, consisting of Chapters 1-6, includes a variety of models invo- ing the Poisson-Dirichlet distribution, and the central scheme is the uni?cation of the Poisson-Dirichlet distribution, the urn structure, the coalescent, and the evo- tionary dynamics through the grand particle systems of Donnelly and Kurtz. Part II discusses recent progress in the study of asymptotic behaviors of the Poisson- Dirichlet distribution, including ?uctuation theorems and large deviations. The or- inal Poisson-Dirichlet distribution contains one parameter deted by?. We will also discuss an extension of this to a two-parameter distribution, where an ad- tional parameter? is needed.
- Author BiographyShui Feng is a Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at McMaster University, Canada. His research is in the broad area of stochastic processes and limit theorems, with particular interests in stochastic models in population genetics, finance, and statistical physics. He is the co-editor of one book and the author of more than 30 research papers.
- Author(s)Shui Feng
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- Series TitleProbability and its Applications
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1120 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.