CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique reader provides students with a scholarly foundation for understanding police research, theory and practice. The Police in America also includes classic readings and more contemporary writings which directly relate to and build upon the classical works. This unique combination of classic and contemporary readings helps bring police literature alive for today's students, and helps them to recognize the relevance of this literature to contemporary issues and problems in policing.
- Author BiographySteven G. Brandl is an Associate Professor in the Criminal Justice department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. His research interests include police decision-making and behavior, police use of force, the relationship between the police and the community, criminal investigation, and program evaluation. Brandl has conducted numerous research projects with several major metropolitan police departments. He is the author of numerous articles in professional journals and co-editor of VOICES FROM THE FIELD: READINGS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE RESEARCH (Pope/Lovell/Brandl, Wadsworth 2001). David E. Barlow is an Associate Professor in the Department of Social Sciences at Fayetteville State University. His research interests include multicultural issues in policing, white collar crime, and the history, ideology, and political economy of crime control in the United States. He has worked in the criminal justice field as a correctional officer, deputy sheriff and university police officer in South Carolina and Florida. Barlow is the author of numerous articles in professional journals, co-editor of the book, Classics in Policing (Anderson 1996) and co-author of the book, Police in a Multicultural Society: An American Story (Waveland 2000).
- Author(s)David Barlow,Steven Brandl
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight613 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.