All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn December 2013, after years of exhaustive search, the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum received more than four hundred pages of diary tes written by one of the most prominent Nazis, the Party's chief ideologue and Reich minister for the occupied Soviet territories Alfred Rosenberg. By combining Rosenberg's diary tes with additional key documents and in-depth analysis, this book shows Rosenberg's crucial role in the Nazi regime's anti-Jewish policy. In the second half of 1941 the territory administered by Rosenberg became the region where the mass murder of Jewish men, women, and children first became a systematic pattern. Indeed, months before the emergence of German death camps in Poland, Nazi leaders perceived the occupied Soviet Union as the area where the final solution of the Jewish question could be executed on a European scale. Covering almost the entire duration of the Third Reich, these previously inaccessible sources throw new light on the thoughts and actions of the leading men around Hitler during critical junctures that led to war, gecide, and Nazi Germany's final defeat.
- Author BiographyJurgen Matthaus is director of the Applied Research Division at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Frank Bajohr is director of the Zentrum fur Holocaust-Studien at the Institut fur Zeitgeschichte, Munich.
- Author(s)Frank Bajohr,Jurgen Matthaus
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleDocumenting Life and Destruction: Holocaust Sources in Context
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note7 black & white halftones, 1 maps
- Weight976 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.