All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, China-Latin America relations experts Margaret Myers and Carol Wise examine the political and ecomic forces that have underpinned Chinese engagement in the region, as well as the ways in which these forces have shaped ecomic sectors and policy-making in Latin America. The contributors begin with a review of developments in cross-Pacific statecraft, including the role of private, state-level, sub-national, and extra-regional actors that have influenced China-Latin America engagement in recent years. Part two of the book examines the variety of Latin American development trajectories borne of China's growing global presence. Contributors analyse the effects of Chinese engagement on specific ecomic sectors, clusters (the LAC emerging ecomies), and sub-regions (Central America, the Southern Cone of South America, and the Andean region). Individual case studies draw out these themes. This volume is a welcome addition to the growing body of literature on China-Latin America relations. It illuminates the complex interplay between ecomics and politics that has characterized China's relations with the region as a second decade of enhanced ecomic engagement draws to a close. This volume is an indispensable read for students, scholars and policy makers wishing to gain new insights into the political ecomy of China-Latin America relations.
- Author BiographyMargaret Myers is Program Director for China and Latin America at the Inter-American Dialogue. Carol Wise is Associate Professor of International Relations at University of Southern California. She specializes in international political economy and development, with an emphasis on Latin America.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byCarol Wise,Margaret Myers
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.