The Politics of Coaching: A Survival Guide to Keep Coaches from Getting Burned by Carl J Pierson (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionPolitics have always been a part of youth and high school sports. However, in recent years several new dynamics have developed that have increased the pressure on coaches in every sport. As a result, all across America good people are leaving the coaching profession at an ermously high rate. Carl Pierson uses his two decades of coaching and his political science background to offer real world examples and practical advice on eternally troubling topics like picking teams, playing time, powerful parents, booster clubs, and so many other issues that today's youth and high school coaches have to contend with. The Politics of Coaching is thing short of a playbook to help coaches navigate their way through the perilous, stressful world that has become coaching. To learn more visit www.politicsofcoaching.com Required reading for every aspiring and current head high school coach in the country. Steve Svendsen-Football Coach Maglia High School, Texas Carl says what most people are afraid to say or even admit in the world of coaching. He does a remarkable job in addressing tough situations and answering the difficult questions. When you need help in frustrating situations, you will turn to his book time and again. There will be unread chapters. I dare you to try and find a book like this out there, it doesn't exist...until w! Debra LaPrath - Girls Head Soccer Coach Maria Carrillo High School, Santa Rosa, California Author - Coaching Girls' Soccer Successfully (Human Kinetics 2009) Coaches longer need to be on the defensive. The Politics of Coaching puts coaches in control of relationships with parents, boosters, and administration. Jeff Jennewein-Boys Basketball Coach West Plains High School, Missouri This book is a great read, especially for a coach who aspires to run their own program. Regardless of the sport, politics are w a part of the game more than ever. Having this book on the shelf is a must if you want to kw the ins and outs of dealing with off the field issues that arise on a daily basis. The Politics of Coaching will make you more prepared and a better coach. Steve Warren-Head Football Coach/Athletic Coordinator Abilene High School, Texas
- Author BiographyCarl Pierson holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science and a masters degree in Health, Physical Education, and Coaching from Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota. He has spent the past two decades coaching various levels of football, baseball, and basketball from fifth grade through the high school varsity level, even coaching for two years at the college level. Pierson has enjoyed ten years as a high school government teacher, most recently at Champlin Park, a high school located in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota. He resides in Champlin with his wife Jean and their son Boston.
- Author(s)Carl J Pierson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.